Hetauda ,Prime ,St xavier
What is CASE?
- Computer-aided software engineering(CASE) is the domain of software tools used to design and implement applications.
Why is Feasibility study required?
- In this phase, the developmentteam visits the user and studiestheir system. They investigate the need for development in the given system. The requirements-gathering process is intensified and focuses specifically on software.
Why is it necessary to verify software requirements?
- It ensures that the softwarehas been built in conformance with the requirementsof the customer. Helps catch errors that were missed or overlooked during the software verification. Enables the team to build software that fulfils user’s requirements.
Why functional and non-functional requirements must be considered together while preparing software specifications?
- Functional requirements are those requirements which deal with what the system should do or provide for users. Non-functional requirements are those requirements which elaborate the performance characteristic of the system and define the constraints on howthe system will do so.
What is prototype?
- A prototype is an early sample, model, or release of a product built to test a concept or process or to act as a thing to be replicated or learned from.
Write characters of good software.
Why is ethics necessary?
- People rely heavily on engineers to provide them with safe and reliable goods and services. Engineers must perform a certain standard of professional behavior which requires adherence to the highest principles of ethical conduct. Mistakes made by unethical and incompetent engineers do not just cost money, they could cost many lives.
Why are graphical models used?
- Graphical models are a powerful framework for representing complex domains using probability distributions, with numerous applications in machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing and computational biology.
Who are actors?
- An actorin the Unified Modeling Language (UML) “specifies a role played by a user or any other system that interacts with the subject.
Define software engineering.
- Software engineeringis the process of analyzing user needs and designing, constructing, and testing end user applications that will satisfy these needs through the use of softwareprogramming languages.
What is software engineering ?
- Software engineeringis the process of analyzing user needs and designing, constructing, and testing end user applications that will satisfy these needs through the use of software programming languages. It is the application of engineeringprinciples to software
How do you implement specialization technique in object?
- specializationmeans creating new subclasses from an existing class. If it turns out that certain attributes, associations, or methods only apply to some of the objects of the class, a subclass can be created.
What do you understand by software process model?
- A software process model is a simplified representation of a software process. Each model represents a process from a specific perspective.
What is beta testing?
- Beta testingis performed by real users of the software application in a real environment. Beta testing is one of the type of User Acceptance Testing.
Write the good characteristics of software
- maintainability, correctness, reusability, reliability, portability, and efficiency.
What is blackbox testing
- Black box testingis defined as a testing technique in which functionality of the Application Under Test (AUT) is tested without looking at the internal code structure, implementation details and knowledge of internal paths of the software.
Define software requirement
- Requirement is a condition or capability possessed by the software or system component in order to solve a real world problem. The problems can be to automate a part of a system, to correct shortcomings of an existing system, to control a device, and so on
Why change is inevitable?
- Software change is inevitable. The evolution of new technologies and applications are increasing today. To improve the performance of a system, new softwareand applications must be used. As a result, changes are required for the existing model of the system.
What do you understand by system modeling?
- System modelingis the process of developing abstract models of a system, with each model presenting a different view or perspective of that system. It is about representing a system using some kind of graphical notation, which is now almost always based on notations in the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Software Process is a set of required activities whose goal is the development and evolution of software.
- Re-engineering is the process of software development which is done to improve maintainability of software system
- The main objectives of spiral model is to emphasize management to evaluate and resolve risks in the software project.
- Software requirement specification (SRS) is a document that completely describes what the proposed software should do without describing how software will do it.
- The drawbacks of waterfall model are
- Not useful for large project
- There is big problem if testing fails the software
- If frequent requirement changes occur then there is problem to manage
- Software prototyping is the activity creating prototypes of software application, incomplete versions of the software program being developed
- The characteristics of software are maintainability, dependability, acceptability and efficiency
- Graphical models are used because it helps the analyst to understand the functionality of the system and models are used to communicate with customers.
- Software cost estimation is the process of predicting the effort required to develop a software system
- Software quality is defined as an effective software process applied in a manner that creates a useful product that provides measurable value to those who produce it and those who use it.
- Milestones are no deliverables because milestones are just the end of one phase of software activity whereas deliverable is the project result at the end of major project phase.
- Logical DFD show business operates and describes business event and data required and produced by the event where as Physical DFD shows how the system will be implemented including software, hardware, file, people etc.