- List the types of Management support system
- Decision Support System
- Management Information System
- Executive Information System
- How do you measure IT success?
- List the components of IS
- Differentiate between Data and Information
|Information about the transection||Detail information about the product|
|Example: Name, Quantities, Rate||Example: Production (by type, by cost)|
- What is basic function of system?
- Explain Cost Leadership Competitive Strategy
- Cost Leadership Competitive Strategy states to become low-cost producers, help suppliers or customers reduce costs andincrease cost to competitors
- Explain BRB
- BRB is the fundamental rethinking and radical redesign of business processes which seeks to achieve improvements in cost, quality, speed, and service.
- What is Virtual Company?
- An organization that uses computer and telecommunications technologies to extend its capabilities by working routinely with employees or contractors located throughout the country or the world.
- List the types of knowledge
- What is competitive advantage?
A superiority gained by an organization when it can provide the same value as its competitors but at a lower price, or can charge higher prices by providing greater value through differentiation is known as competitive advantage. Competitive advantage results from matching core competencies to the opportunities.
- Define information system.
Information systems (IS) are formal, sociotechnical, organizational systems designed to collect, process, store, and distribute information. Information System is the study of systems with a specific reference to information and the complementary networks of hardware and software that people and organizations use to collect, filter, process, create and also distribute data
- What is e-business?
e-business, or Electronic Business, is the administration of conducting business via the Internet. This would include the buying and selling of goods and services, along with providing technical or customer support through the Internet. Electronic commerce focuses on the use of ICT to enable the external activities and relationships of the business with individuals, groups and other businesses, while e-business refers to business with help of the internet.
- Define Decision Support System.
A decision support system (DSS) is a computer program application that analyzes business data and presents it so that users can make business decisions more easily. A decision support system may present information graphically and may include an expert system or artificial intelligence (AI). It may be aimed at business executives or some other group of knowledge workers.
- What is an adaptive system?
An adaptive system is a system that changes its behavior in response to its environment. An adaptive system is a set of interacting or interdependent entities, real or abstract, forming an integrated whole that together are able to respond to environmental changes or changes in the interacting parts.
- List information system resources.
An information system is essentially made up of five resources:
- network and
These five components integrate to perform input, process, output, feedback and control.
- Mention Information System activities.
Three basic activities of Information System are —input, processing, and output. They produce the information organizations need. Feedback is output returned to appropriate people or activities in the organization to evaluate and refine the input. Environmental actors, such as customers, suppliers, competitors, stockholders, and regulatory agencies, interact with the organization and its information systems.
- List Porter’s five forces of competition.
Porter’s five forces are:
- Rivalry among the competitors.
- Potential of new entrants into the industry.
- Bargaining power of suppliers.
- Bargaining power of customers.
- Threat of substitute products.
- What is BPR?
Business process reengineering is the act of recreating a core business process with the goal of improving product output, quality, or reducing costs. Typically, it involves the analysis of company workflows, finding processes that are sub-par or inefficient, and figuring out ways to get rid of them or change them.
- What is virtual company?
An organization that uses computer and telecommunications technologies to extend its capabilities by working routinely with employees or contractors located throughout the country or the world is called virtual company.A virtual business conducts all or most of its business via the internet and does not have physical premises to interact with customers face-to-face.